'Leen On Me Organizing, LLC - Serving Northeast Ohio - 216-287-2094 - Eileen@LeenOnMeOrganizing.com
It's no fun to feel out of control on your leisure or business trip. Take a few steps before you travel to get organized and ready for just about anything!
1. Create a checklist - It doesn't have to be fancy. You can even use an app on your phone. The important thing is to list what you need to bring and what you need to do before you leave. We have all seen Home Alone! You may not leave a child at home but you just may forget to make those kennel plans for Fido in time.
If you are traveling internationally start your list a good 8 weeks out. You want to be sure everyone's passports are in order.
Two days out I start to corral items from my daily routine so I don't forget the essentials that we take for granted.
2. Check the weather - When you are flying or taking a road trip, it is alway good to know what type of weather you're headed to. Do you need a poncho or parka? Be prepared! If it's not looking good, you may want to change some plans in advance so you can make the best of your vacation. A museum may be a better option then the outdoor hike.
3. Pack light - We always want to take more than we need. Don't get caught paying high airport fees due to overpacking. Try the capsule wardrobe system to cut down on clothing items. You can always buy when you arrive if you absolutely must.
Check out packing systems made of lightweight material too.
4. Arrive on time - Be sure to double check flight and check-in times. I would rather sit for a few extra minutes and have time to relax and read a bit, than miss my flight. Enough said!
5. Know your surroundings - I always like to check out the area I will be visiting ahead of time. (And points of interest along the way.) You don't want to miss something you might really enjoy. Who knows when you may pass by
The Big Muskie Bucket again! It's also good to know the area for safety too!
Check out some of my GO TO items for travel from The Container Store!